Democracy Is Worth Fighting For
Democracy is under attack and authoritarianism is on the rise, not in some far-off place, but right here at home. There are forces at work that are determined to suppress or disqualify Americans’ votes and make us question the legitimacy, safety and security of our elections and the legitimacy of our political system.
Help Save Democracy One Week at a Time
The Survival of our country is on you. It's on all of us. The clock is ticking. Won't you join us and protect our democracy. Because once it's gone, it's not coming back.
What We Do
The Lincoln Democracy Institute will call out and highlight:
- Pro-Democracy Candidates and Organizations
- Authoritarian Candidates and Organizations
- History of Fascist Takeovers and Examples We See Today
- Race-Based Lies and Distortions
- Propaganda, Misinformation and Disinformation
- Debunking the “Strongman” Theory of Politics
- Corruption Among Anti-Democratic Candidates and Groups
- The Danger of Political Violence
- How to Resist - Peacefully and Effectively
Transparency Is Key to a
The Lincoln Democracy Institute will operate at the national and state levels to provide real-time information about threats to our democratic system. That may be repudiating lies on Fox News or holding accountable a candidate who threatens violence or to disrupt voters’ ability to participate. In states where legislatures are threatening free and fair elections, we will bring pressure on state and local election officials to ensure they do their jobs in the most transparent way possible.